Ven. Geshe Tenzing Tamding started a Buddhist study program.
This program will be imparted during 2 intensive retreats per year together with the Lama. Each retreat takes 5 days and each day has six sessions of 90 minutes each.
The program has a duration of 10 years and the study subjects are the same ones given at Geshe-la’s monastic University:
- TSEMA NAMDREL (PRAMANAUATICA KARICA) (DURING 10 YEARS)
- PHARCHIN (ABISAMAYALANKARA) (YEAR 1-4)
- UMA (MADYAMIKA) (YEAR 5-8)
- DZÖ (ABHIDARMAKOSHA) (YEAR 9)
- VOWS (PRATIMOSHA, BODHISATVA Y DE TANTRA) (YEAR 10)
During the 10 years the text NGARIM CHENMO (extended Explication of the Tantra path) by founder of the Gelugpa lineage Ven. Lama Tsong Khapa, will be treated. The teaching of this text will be given in combination with INICIATIONS and SADHANAS of:
After 10 years The participants will receive a certification on Buddhist philosophy.
The obligations to fulfill this teaching program for Masters have been mentioned by Khen Rinpoche Geshe Tamding Gyatso in 1995 and are these:
- To gather merits and purify the non virtuous as preliminary practice, 100.000 recitations of refuge in combination with Guru Yoga should be realized, as well as Mandala offerings; complete prostrations’ and recitation of the 100 syllable mantra together with the meditation and recitation of Vajrasattva.
- 100.000 recitations of Migtsema together with “Ganden Lhagyema“ guru yoga.
- “Lung” or oral transmission oral of the study subjects should be received.
- Following of the established Buddhist study program. The root text should be memorized and the summary content without the need to read from the book. One or two times per year examinations should be held as a way to proof to oneself how much has been learned.
- Finally, gradually, after receiving an initiation in the 4 levels of Secret Tantra by an qualified Lama, a complete retreat should be executed and finalized with a fire Puja.